Monday 26 March 2012

Dear Councillor Pervez,
I am writing to inform you that I have read a printout of the letter recently sent to you by Richard Snell regarding what he sees as “The betrayal of Stoke on Trent.” There is nothing in his letter that I find I could take exception to, or disagree with and I fully support and endorse what Mr Snell is saying.

It has long been my belief that the City Council, over which you preside, is mis-managed and totally inadequate. You seem to operate a system of secrecy, bad management of financial risk with some of the most inexplicable decision making being carried out in secret. Decisions which you, your Councillor colleagues and the Officers either deny have ever happened or by a process of miscommunication you have attempted to keep from opposition Councillors and the people of Stoke on Trent. 

Not only is the Council wasteful you also have the temerity to take huge risks with our money which will result in debts that we and our children will be repaying in years to come. You have become adept at ignoring the people of this city and have indulged in some fantasy that the CBD will solve all of our problems when we know from past experience that this is not so.

As Mr Snell has made these public allegations I look forward to your reply also being made public. I do however think that like everything else, you will employ your PR team to think up some strategy to completely “muddy the waters” in an attempt to keep the truth from the people of Stoke-on-Trent.

Finally I would just like to remind you that 2015 is not too far away.

Yours sincerely.

Alan Lear

No comments:

Post a Comment